The Data Science and Analysis job family is responsible for developing and applying methods to collect, process, and analyze data to support decision making. Job holders turn data into insights that help organizations solve problems and make informed decisions. They may work in a variety of fields, such as healthcare, finance, marketing, or manufacturing.
In their work, they may use a variety of tools, including data mining, machine learning, and predictive modeling. They may also develop new methods for data collection and analysis.
- Designs and develops systems to process, visualize and interpret big data.
- Identifies questions and issues for data analysis and experiments.
- Identifies meaningful insights from large data and metadata sources.
- Employs statistical analysis such as multivariate regression analysis
- Uses machine learning and artificial intelligence methods such as Natural Language Processing
- Develops and codes various software programs.
Synonyms or related job titles
Data Analyst, Data Scientist, Statistician, Mathematician, Demographer, Mathematical Statistician, Psychometric Consultant, Quantitative Methodologist, Research Scientist, Researcher, Statistical Analyst, Statistical Consultant, Statistical Reporting Analyst
Please match in this collective family all specialized Data Science and Analysis jobs that cannot be assigned to one of the above-mentioned families. Competencies from the parent family will be shown. A selection of parent family-specific Benchmark Job Matches is available and can be selected manually. The availability of benchmark job matches depends on the survey vendor chosen.